My estradiol labs experiment

Buy Lab Tests Online

lutherdingle2

On April 22, 2015 I had blood drawn at my local men's health clinic for a "standard" estradiol test at 10:30 a.m. I then drove to a different lab and had a draw for an "ultra-sensitive" estradiol test at about 11:00 a.m. Both tests were sent to LabCorp. Here are the results.

Test 1: Estradiol, Roche ECLIA methodology, 20 pg/mL
Test 2: Estradiol, LCMS, 17 pg/mL

At least in this case there was very little difference between the two tests. This is just one data point but an interesting one.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Very interesting........thanks for sharing. Is there a cost difference between the two tests? I'm guessing if your Estradiol shows safe in the normal range in the standard tests......no need to go for the ultra sensitive? If you're consistently slightly above on the standard, take a look and see what the ultra sensitive tells you. If ultra sensitive is easily available......stick with ultra sensitive.....just to be sure?

lutherdingle2

The men's clinic I work with uses only the "standard" estradiol test and is included in my yearly fee, so I don't know what the cost differential might be. Based on what I've read here on this and other forums I decided to purchase the "ultra-sensitive" estradiol test through Discounted Labs, which was about $38, I believe.

My thought was that the best way to determine whether there was really a significant difference between the two tests is to do both within an hour of each other. In this one instance there was very little difference. However, as I have said, this is only one data point. I get tested four times a year, so I plan on doing both estradiol tests each time to see if there is a pattern.

Vince

Super Moderator
On April 22, 2015 I had blood drawn at my local men's health clinic for a "standard" estradiol test at 10:30 a.m. I then drove to a different lab and had a draw for an "ultra-sensitive" estradiol test at about 11:00 a.m. Both tests were sent to LabCorp. Here are the results.

Test 1: Estradiol, Roche ECLIA methodology, 20 pg/mL
Test 2: Estradiol, LCMS, 17 pg/mL

At least in this case there was very little difference between the two tests. This is just one data point but an interesting one.

thanks for posting your experiment, it would be interesting to see other people results also.

OMI100

My experiment....

Stopped ALL AI for a month.

Did two E-2 tests.
One on 5/5/15 LabCorp # 004515, Roche ECLIA methodology: 7.6 - 42.6 pg/mL - RESULT 60.5
One on 5/7/15 LabCorp #500108, LCMS, Endo Sci: 8.0 - 35 pg/mL - RESULT 35

Hmmmmm Added in a small (0.035mg E3D) amount of AI based on the ULTRA sensitive test.

Will do the same two test in a month and see where I am at then.

lutherdingle2

My experiment....

Stopped ALL AI for a month.

Did two E-2 tests.
One on 5/5/15 LabCorp # 004515, Roche ECLIA methodology: 7.6 - 42.6 pg/mL - RESULT 60.5
One on 5/7/15 LabCorp #500108, LCMS, Endo Sci: 8.0 - 35 pg/mL - RESULT 35

Hmmmmm Added in a small (0.035mg E3D) amount of AI based on the ULTRA sensitive test.

Will do the same two test in a month and see where I am at then.

Interesting! I will repeat my experiment around the end of the summer and will report back.

I've never seen them that close together either. Thats very strange! From my own experience, the sensitive yielded almost half of what the normal estradiol did.

James

I've never seen them that close together either. Thats very strange! From my own experience, the sensitive yielded almost half of what the normal estradiol did.

That's been my experience. Blood drawn at the same time:
Estradiol, Standard Test: 37.6 pg/ml (8 - 43)
Estradiol, Sensitive Test: 17 pg/ml (3 - 70)

OMI100

My experiment PART 2....

AI at 0.035mg E3D for a month.

Did two E-2 tests.
Blood drawn same time for both test....
One on 6/8/15 LabCorp # 004515, Roche ECLIA methodology: 7.6 - 42.6 pg/mL - RESULT 50.1
One on 6/8/15 LabCorp #140244, LCMS, LC/MS/MS: 8.0 - 35 pg/mL - RESULT 34.5

Hmmmmm Just noticed that the sensitive and ultra sensitive ranges are not what I have seen prior... I think they went down to 3???
Anyone know if LABCORP adjusted the low end of the reference range up from 3 and down from 70????

OMI100

Hmmmm
After checking my notes the last E-2 test was at a dose of 0.035mg E4D for a month, and not E3D. Will move to E3D starting on the 31st and then do re-test in 30 days and see what it looks like then.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me