Danazol to increase free testosterone and decrease estradiol?

Buy Lab Tests Online

bdad

Danazol is antiestrogenic and weakly androgenic. Anyone include this in their protocol? Would this be used in place of Aremadex and Exemestane?

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Danazol is a drug used for endometriosis in women.

Some doctors prescribe it to lower sex hormone binding globulin and increase free testosterone in men (off label use not paid by insurance. Obtained from compounding pharmacies).

I have not seen data on its effects on estradiol in humans.

Since it lowers SHBG, it can also increase free estradiol (estradiol also binds to SHGB). But we do not know if this is clinically relevant.

Why don't you try it and report your free T, SHBG and estradiol to us?

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...d-T-cream-or-gel-Cabergoline-and-Danazol-dose

bdad

When I get back in country my plans are to contact Dr. Saya for my initial labs, my doctor is not very helpful. I will see what he recommends on this matter.

GA8314

I was placed on Danazol 50 mg every day in an effort to lower SHBG and increase free T. It took my Total T from 660 to 224........ I felt terrible. Non-sensitive estrogen was normal, however, and free T was low normal. I'll go back and get the exact numbers if there is interest.

Danazol was a nightmare for me.

GA8314

Well, a well known TRT guy who's new book has been reviewed only recently with praise is the one who put me on it. It impacted me in an awful way..... Like I said, it was a nightmare.

That being said, I don't really blame him. I take a good amount of responsibility for my own health and healthcare.

philip brotman

i have a similar ED condition - blood work as of 2-28-16, total test 844 (250-1100 ng/dl normal
free test 29.5 (normal 30-285 pg/ml), shbg 189 (normal 22-77 nmo/dl). Was thinking of using danazol to counter high shbg, however hesitant after your experience. Do you have an update on how (or if) you have managed to decrease shbg, and have your ED symptoms decreased?

GA8314

i have a similar ED condition - blood work as of 2-28-16, total test 844 (250-1100 ng/dl normal
free test 29.5 (normal 30-285 pg/ml), shbg 189 (normal 22-77 nmo/dl). Was thinking of using danazol to counter high shbg, however hesitant after your experience. Do you have an update on how (or if) you have managed to decrease shbg, and have your ED symptoms decreased?

While some may suggest this falls into the realm of the "expert" TRT provider, others may opine that it's simply experimental with zero validated clinical guidelines.

On one hand pushing the envelope in the absence of guidance from large, academic centers is pioneering, on the other hand you need to realize that you may not want to be someone's guinea pig.........

philip brotman

Danazol to increase free testosterone and decrease shbg

Thank you for your reply. I am in agreement with you about lack of clinical guidelines. However, I still have to live with ED - since 2015 have you tried any other protocols to decrease your shbg, while maintaining total testosterone and enhancing free testost?

While some may suggest this falls into the realm of the "expert" TRT provider, others may opine that it's simply experimental with zero validated clinical guidelines.

On one hand pushing the envelope in the absence of guidance from large, academic centers is pioneering, on the other hand you need to realize that you may not want to be someone's guinea pig.........

GA8314

Thank you for your reply. I am in agreement with you about lack of clinical guidelines. However, I still have to live with ED - since 2015 have you tried any other protocols to decrease your shbg, while maintaining total testosterone and enhancing free testost?

I never even had high SHBG. The irresponsible maniac of a "TRT expert" often extolled as being an anointed one on forums such as these put me on it to "see if it would raise my freeT". Instead it really messed me up and impacted my life negatively, but fortunately it was recoverable.

He had me on Danazol 50 mg EOD as SOLO therapy. So be careful when someone suggests something way out of the norm.

From what I've READ, (on forums), a SHBG lowering agent can be TRIED if you are on TRT. Again, IF YOU ARE ON TRT. Danazol is a GnRH antagonist, and will shut you down hard. But, if you are already shut down and then replacing your testosterone, I can see it's plausible utility.

The egotistical push to develop a name for yourself should not mean that any TRT prescribing physician should use patients as lab rats. The problems with that are as myriad as they are serious.

***That being said, I believe we must all take responsibility for our health and healthCARE. I do not mean this post to be threatening to the individual who put my on Danazol SOLO therapy (for several months....). I am not litigious nor do I intend to smear this person in public....... It was just a really bad time for me because of the ill effects it had on me.

Last edited:

Davi****3

Danazol lowers total testosterone when not on TRT. It crashed mine to the 100s
Does it keep testosterone levels low when on TRT? (Testosterone cyp, hcg, ai)

Davi****3

I have been trying to post my labcorp results after the danazol 50 for a month and can't seem to get it uploaded.
My free test is 47.4 mg/pl which it says that high. Does that mean my total is low? My sleep was terrible so I stopped taking it.

I have been trying to post my labcorp results after the danazol 50 for a month and can't seem to get it uploaded.
My free test is 47.4 mg/pl which it says that high. Does that mean my total is low? My sleep was terrible so I stopped taking it.

I believe you're going to need more posts to the forum before attachments are enabled for you. try something like imugr, or similar.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me