Lab Test Results

Buy Lab Tests Online

sounders

New here and would like some input on my lab test results.

Testosterone 2.9 ng/mL
Sex Hormone Binding Globuline 27 nmol/L
Testosterone Free 64 pg/mL
Luteinizing Hormone 7 mlU/mL
Prolactin 5 ng/mL

I am a 40 year old male. I have been having symptoms which caused me and my doctor to test my T levels.

My doctor states these values are within the lab's normal range and has stated supplementation is not warranted at this time. I pushed back due to the increasing problems I have been facing and he has agreed to test again in one month.

Any ideas?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

T-dog

I could be wrong but I think you need to post the reference levels as well. Each lab may have different reference levels, so you can't just say my number is "x". I mean if we go by that link, his Free Testosterone of 64 pg/mL is off the charts, right?

sounders

Here are the lab reference ranges along with my results

[TH="bgcolor: #F5F5F5, align: left"]Component[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F5F5F5, align: left"]Standard Range[/TH]
[TH="bgcolor: #F5F5F5, align: left"]Your Value[/TH]

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"]Testosterone[/TD]
[TD="class: infoCol"]1.8 - 6.8 ng/mL[/TD]
[TD="class: importantCol"]2.9[/TD]

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"]Sex Hormone Binding Globulin[/TD]
[TD="class: infoCol"]13 - 90 nmol/L[/TD]
[TD="class: importantCol"]27[/TD]

[TD="class: nameCol srchbl"]Testosterone Free[/TD]
[TD="class: infoCol"]30 - 140 pg/mL[/TD]
[TD="class: importantCol"]64

[/TD]

sounders

So. This is part of why im confused. According to these reference ranges a normal testosterone range goes down to 180 (doing the math conversion) and only up to 680. I do live in the US and go to a university system medical center. I dont know why they report the values this way.

CoastWatcher

One of the things my doctor explained is that "normal" does not mean "in range". In her practice, she prefers the term "in range" in regard to lab results, and has explained that these values reflect a statistical distribution of where men present when they have their testosterone tested. It does NOT mean that you feel physically well with a number just inside the cut-off. In fact, you'll feel lousy. She believes TRT is justified in men presenting with readings at/below 375 ng/dL. As the moderators here will tell you: symptoms matter as much, if not more, than numbers.

I, too, initially consulted a faculty member of a major medical school when I started trying to sort out why I felt as I did, and it was a pointless exercise. Please consider finding a physician in your community who has experience treating men dealing with hypogonadism. It's worth your time to find such a doctor.

sounders

So had another lab test this week. Same lab so same reference ranges. New total T was 260 (drawn at 9am).

According to the lab it's still in the reference range.

sounders

I got some additional lab work done and wondered if someone could offer an opinion if it affects my previous results.

Dihydrotestosterone : 46 ng/dl (no reference range)
Dhea-Sulfate: 370.3 (102.6-416.3) ug/dl
Estrogens Fractionated
Estrone 65 (12-72) pg/ml
Estradiol 20.6 (7.6 - 42.6) pg/ml
Triiodothyronine Free 2.9 (2.0 - 4.4)

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I got some additional lab work done and wondered if someone could offer an opinion if it affects my previous results.

Dihydrotestosterone : 46 ng/dl (no reference range)
Dhea-Sulfate: 370.3 (102.6-416.3) ug/dl
Estrogens Fractionated
Estrone 65 (12-72) pg/ml
Estradiol 20.6 (7.6 - 42.6) pg/ml
Triiodothyronine Free 2.9 (2.0 - 4.4)

These look fine.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs