TRT questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

bigfred32

I am new to this forum but not new to TRT. I am 50 and on TRT for about a year and ive been reading on this site but had couple of questions. I use a bioidentical transderm from compounding pharm. 175mg test/50mg chrysn/40mg DHEA daily applied to inner thigh.

Question: does the body metabolize test differently dependant on where it is applied such as shoulder muscle or inner thigh which is less muscle.

Recent bloodwork showed elevated e2 and HEMO. I recently donated blood and added a green tea extract and copius amounts of omega 3 6 9 to daily routine. Next bw will be in feb. Will give blood again in mid january.

For the e2, i added 400mg indoplex dim and 400mg chrysinn daily.

Feel great otherwise.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Hi Fred and welcome to the forums.

Yes, absorption is dependent where the transdermal is applied and how it is applied. The site has good information on how to apply correctly.

In your case, however, whatever you are doing is working very very well.

Generally speaking, men don't have elevated E2 issues with TDs simply due to the fact that they apply small doses daily which keeps serum levels really stable and consistent which in turn reduces aromatase synthesis. In you case, you are absorbing well as you can see in your Testosterone serum levels both Total and Free.

You didn't list what your E2 levels are so I can't really comment on that other than supplements and OTC remedies to control estrogen don't work so save your money.

If you are over 50 pg/ml you can ask your Doc for very low dose aromatase inhibitor like Anastrozole...something like .25 mg twice a week.

If you are not over 50 pg/ml (using the Sensitive Estrogen Lab) just lowering your Test dose and reducing weight can lower E2.

bigfred32

Had to dig out my last bw.

Total test: 1087
Free T: 187
Bio avail: 380
Shbg: 32
E2: 78
HEMO globin: 17.3
Crit: 53

I was On 4 clicks of cream daily and been using 3 for past one and half months. The only side effect I noticed before was sexy erect nipples before I lowered dose. Lol. Did not realize e2 was high. Since lowering dose by 1 click nipples back to normal and no other adverse effects with erections, energy, General overall well being.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
With the lower dose will come lower E2 levels.

You should get retested but make sure to use the "Sensitive" lab...this is very important.

bigfred32

Thanks for your response. I will get new bw in January but wasn't sure if I tried a different area for application if the body would convert the T differently than what it's doing with e2. Its like a constant experiment finding the right combinations. Will know more after bw

bigfred32

New bw, new issue. Here is the results of bw

Total T. 517
Free T. 65
Bio aval. 123
SHBG. 37
E2 ultra senst. 31
DHT serum. 169 ng/dl
DHT free. 14.89 ng/dl

For the last 3 months I had lowered dose of T cream by one click, so using 3 clicks daily instead of 4. Obviously my T levels dropped and overall I dont feel too bad but libido has pretty much disappeared last few weeks and now doc wants to aggresivly go after DHT with a Rx of Propecia 2-3 times aweek.

Im concerned with all the bad press and side effects of using finesteride or propecia.

She seems ok with E2 at this point until next bw in two months and im back up to 4 clicks T daily.

Any thoughts

bigfred32

The more time I spend learning about the bad side of finesteride the more it scares the shit out me.

What I can't get a handle on is what are the drawbacks of elevated DHT?

Also my PSA was 0.6 so what I can determine is this may be one of the issues with the DHT right?

I manage the other side effects pretty well. Are there other concerns with DHT being too high in regards to health and well being.? I could care less about hair loss as I shave my head everyday anyway.

Last edited:

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
The more time I spend learning about the bad side of finesteride the more it scares the shit out me.

What I can't get a handle on is what are the drawbacks of elevated DHT?

Also my PSA was 0.6 so what I can determine is this may be one of the issues with the DHT right?

I manage the other side effects pretty well. Are there other concerns with DHT being too high in regards to health and well being.? I could care less about hair loss as I shave my head everyday anyway.

There are really no concerns with elevated DHT with the exception that some men experience hair loss. Dr. John Crisler and the folks at Defy Medical have safe and effective hair treatments that can prevent hair loss while on TRT.

Reach out to them as they will help you.

BTW, having elevated DHT is not a bad thing, strong libido and significant lean muscle mass...hope you're going to the gym to take advantage of it:)

bigfred32

Just saw doc yesterday with new bw drawn two weeks ago. I dont have a copy handy and she hasnt put up on her portal but here are couple concerns,

Total T. Was high at 1500
DHT. 280
E2 ultra sensitive. 84
Hemacrit 48
Hemo 15.7
Free T and SHBG were both in range (dont remember what they were)

we are lowering daily dose of TD from 175mg of T to 150mg. Currently I use a compounded cream with T/chrysin/dhea (175mg/50mg/30mg).

She is seperating the T so it will be alone in cream at 150mg and compounding the chrysin, dhea, zinc and adding pregnenolone into a daily pill.

She is somewhat resistant to adding AI for e2 as she said those are powerful and can crash e2 quickly causing other probs.

I am unfamiliar with what pregnenlone is or does at this point until i reasearch it but heres the thing, I feel GREAT! Energy, strenghth, workouts, sleep, libido and erections all fine. Alitlle occasional bloating but otherwise no noticable issues.

Any thoughts

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
E2 is too high and needs an AI.

Many health issues at this level.

Lowering you dosage a bit may bring it down a little but it's still going to be elevated.

You should ask her for a .25 mg once weekly to see if that helps...and I am willing to bet it will.

bigfred32

Ok. Lowered dose to 3 clicks on current 175mg T cream until it runs out to start the new 150mg. Also added .25mg AI twice weekly and will recheck BW in a month.
I stopped taking my statin about week ago and not sure if it is high e2 or combo of the statin but I felt like shit for few days. Moody and pissy, bloated, no energy, headache.....after about 5 days started feeling better so not sure
What the deal is. Just took AI today so will see if that makes any difference

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching