1st lab Results since beginning TRT- High prolactin

Buy Lab Tests Online

Brian963

Hi Guys,
Today I received a copy of my labs taken on Monday, 12 weeks after beginning my TRT. I am taking 0.8 t-cyp, once a week. The labs were taken the morning of my 12th injection, before the injection. Also, I was fasting for the blood work. My testosterone, serum went from 109 pre-TRT to 384 at 12 weeks. My Estradiol, Sensitive went from 4 pre-TRT to 12 at 12 weeks. Two markers were flagged as high, MCH went from 31.7 to 33.2. My Prolactin is 74.5 on this weeks results but I can't find it on my initial lab work. I appreciate any feedback as I am unable to schedule my consult until 12/29 as this is high season for those of us in retail. I hope I attached copies of my most recent labs correctly. Thanks!

Attachments

• Scanned 12 17 14 Lab.jpg
    Scanned 12 17 14 Lab.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 2,309
  • Scanned 12 17 14 Lab-1.jpg
    Scanned 12 17 14 Lab-1.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 1,506
  • Scanned 12 17 14 Lab-2.jpg
    Scanned 12 17 14 Lab-2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 832
  • Scanned 12 17 14 Lab-3.jpg
    Scanned 12 17 14 Lab-3.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 914
Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Brian

Beautiful organ related and lipid values.

Have your doctor run prolactin again to make sure that is not a fluke. You had a very low t level at baseline which in my opinion required a prolactin test. Did your doc check your prolactin before TRT?

Low thyroid function can increase prolactin, so have your doc check TSH, free T3, free T4, reverse T3 and antibodies.

Please read this article I wrote:Should Men with Erectile Dysfunction Be Tested for Prolactin ?

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Brian, did your physician run LH & FSH prior to starting TRT? Did you medical team make a determination on your diagnosis, either being primary or secondary hypo?

Brian963

Thank you both for responding to my question.
He didn't include prolactin with my initial labs but did on the follow up. I'm sure out of caution because of how low my t's were. He compared to levels found in an 80 year old man and hadn't seen it that low for someone my age in quite some time.
With my initial bloodwork, my LH was 1.3, which is low compared to a range of 1.7-8.6.
I didn't see a FSH but I did see a TSH on my initial labs. If so, the TSH was 2.69 which was within the range of .045-4.50.
My appointment is on 12/29, so I'll be sure to include your suggestions.
Thank you both again for all that you do. I now know what to discuss and ask for. Have a great holiday!

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
High Prolactin coupled with low Testosterone would point to a Pituitary Adenoma as a possible cause.

You need to talk to your Physician about this IF Prolactin levels are elevated.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Brian, your LH at 1.3 would point to you being secondary hypo, which more times than not is the culprit. There's no need to repeat this lab, as it will be even lower with the administration of exogenous test.

Agree with Gene, discuss this further with your physician, and explore your options if another prolactin lab is elevated.

Anyone else notice their Prolactin increase after beginning TRT?

My prolactin shot up to about 17 after about 8 months on TRT but not as high as your result! Dr retested me a week after the elevated prolactin and it came back within range.....about 4 or 5ish. Test your prolactin again to see if it was a lab error.

Brian963

My prolactin shot up to about 17 after about 8 months on TRT but not as high as your result! Dr retested me a week after the elevated prolactin and it came back within range.....about 4 or 5ish. Test your prolactin again to see if it was a lab error.
Thanks. My lab follow up appointment is in the morning. I'll keep everyone posted as I've found these forums are a great resource for our TRT journeys.

Brian963

I had my lab review this past week and my T-cyp dosage has been increased to 1x weekly injection of 1.0ml. If my levels are still not up to where Dr. Saya and I want them on day 7 ,with my next 90 day follow up, we'll look at injecting 2x a week to see if that helps maintain my testosterone levels.
He also started me on Carbergoline, 1/2 tablet 2x a week, to bring down my prolactin levels. We'll have my test, est, and prolactin checked again in 90 days. I asked about having more specific thyroid testing completed and because my thyroid is within normal range, both the nurse and doctor, felt the additional lab work wasn't necessary at this time.
I'll be sure to keep you guys posted as we learn a lot from each via this great resource.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I had my lab review this past week and my T-cyp dosage has been increased to 1x weekly injection of 1.0ml. If my levels are still not up to where Dr. Saya and I want them on day 7 ,with my next 90 day follow up, we'll look at injecting 2x a week to see if that helps maintain my testosterone levels.
He also started me on Carbergoline, 1/2 tablet 2x a week, to bring down my prolactin levels. We'll have my test, est, and prolactin checked again in 90 days. I asked about having more specific thyroid testing completed and because my thyroid is within normal range, both the nurse and doctor, felt the additional lab work wasn't necessary at this time.
I'll be sure to keep you guys posted as we learn a lot from each via this great resource.

You're going to like how the caber is going to give your libido a nice boost and wait till you have an orgasm on this stuff...I love it!

Chris2020

I am having very similar issues as you are. I am currently on testosterone cypionate, 100 mg a week. Six months into the treatment, I had blood work done (five days after my last injection), and my total testosterone was only 350. We have upped the dosage to 200 mg a week, but I feel no different whatsoever. My prolactin level was tested and it was 38 (if memory serves). Did cabergoline help you at all? Thanks in advance.

GA8314

How long before Caber begins to work?

My orgasms are way delayed after TRT. I need labs, I know. Meantime I'm starting Caber (I'm an MD and should know better, but....).

I'll follow up with labs for the benefit of all. I'm self-managing (again, I should know better....) after major run around stuff with TRT docs out there.

ERO

I am having very similar issues as you are. I am currently on testosterone cypionate, 100 mg a week. Six months into the treatment, I had blood work done (five days after my last injection), and my total testosterone was only 350. We have upped the dosage to 200 mg a week, but I feel no different whatsoever. My prolactin level was tested and it was 38 (if memory serves). Did cabergoline help you at all? Thanks in advance.

I would definitely try splitting your T dose and going twice a week to maintain a higher T level on average. 350 is a low level and you probably don't feel too awesome the last 3 days before your next shot, I am guessing? That in itself wont fix your high prolactin, but the cabergoline definitely will.

CoastWatcher

I would definitely try splitting your T dose and going twice a week to maintain a higher T level on average. 350 is a low level and you probably don't feel too awesome the last 3 days before your next shot, I am guessing? That in itself wont fix your high prolactin, but the cabergoline definitely will.

I went from 100mg/weekly injectin to 60mg/twice a week. The difference was astonishing. By all means, consider split-dosing.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me