Should I have LH/FSH?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Henry

Hi,
before I started Androgel, my number were 292 total testosterone (348-1197), 8.88 free testosterone, 3.4 FSH (1-12) and 3.0 LH (2-12).

My my doc was telling me that I should still have a LH and FSH signal. I told him that i don't think I should because I've been on Androgel since April. I said that I read that outside testosterone shuts off your LH and FSH. He said it's not true and that only happens if you go above supra physiological range. I've been within range the whole time and my testicles haven't shrunk so I should still have it. He said that bodybuilders are shut down because of their abuse and I shouldn't be shutdown because I'm taking Androgel and I'm not above range.

Is this correct?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Hi,
before I started Androgel, my number were 292 total testosterone (348-1197), 8.88 free testosterone, 3.4 FSH (1-12) and 3.0 LH (2-12).

My my doc was telling me that I should still have a LH and FSH signal. I told him that i don't think I should because I've been on Androgel since April. I said that I read that outside testosterone shuts off your LH and FSH. He said it's not true and that only happens if you go above supra physiological range. I've been within range the whole time and my testicles haven't shrunk so I should still have it. He said that bodybuilders are shut down because of their abuse and I shouldn't be shutdown because I'm taking Androgel and I'm not above range.

Is this correct?

Your Doctor is incorrect and doesn't understand the negative feedback loop of the androgen pathway.

Once you start on exogenous testosterone you suppress HPTA via the negative feedback loop and hence LH and FSH are no longer produced.

Simple blood test will prove this out.

Henry

That's what he wants to do. He has me freaking out now. He said that if my LH and FSH is low, then that shows a deeper problem. Now I'm worried that he'll see that and cut me off TRT. I stopped taking my meds the instant he said that. I'm hoping that coming off for a month will let my FSH and LH rise so that it looks normal.

He also said that I'm primary because of my bilateral varicoceles. I told him that I read that people who are primary have high FSH and LH and I'm normal. More low normal than anything.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me