Just Picked Up My Script

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Injecting once a month???

Your Doctor has no clue.

Testosterone has about a 6 day half life so you need to inject weekly NOT monthly and not even every two weeks.

This is going to seat you on a hormonal roller coaster where you will feel good the first week then crash the next three weeks and feel even worse.

The site and forum are loaded with the information you need to educate yourself but now you know; you need weekly injections and even better is twice weekly.

BTW, 1 ml is equal to 200 mg and you should probably be started on 100 mg each week with HCG and tightly monitored estrogen.

Read and learn and don't start this protocol as it will make you feel really really bad.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
If I would take the dose down to half and inject every two weeks would that be better? I have 200mg/ml

No, you still have the same issues with half life.

You'd be better served doing 1/4 of the dose (50 mg) each week for a total of 200 mg a month...which is nothing and really won't be beneficial but it's better than nothing and better than once a month injections.

You need a new Doctor or you need to tell your Doctor that the injection protocol is all wrong and save your health till you find a new better trained Doctor.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
When I see posts like this, I am reminded of why our educational work on ExcelMale.com is so important. Some physicians do not even read basic prescribing information included in package inserts.

Your regimen should be 100-200 mg per week based on testosterone blood levels.

jabarnes2006

Im meeting with a urologist on Thursday to figure this out. I just injected myself with 1cc and now Im wondering if it was to much or to little.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Im meeting with a urologist on Thursday to figure this out. I just injected myself with 1cc and now Im wondering if it was to much or to little.

Why did you do that before you see your Uro who understands TRT in men in just two days???

Make sure you take your baseline labs with you when you see him on Thursday.

I would have waited till you met with him and had his consult before injecting.

200 mg is a lot but if your Uro doesn't help you than what...once a month injections?

jabarnes2006

No I would start looking for a new doctor that specializes in TRT. I wasn't going to set an appt with the uro but when my family doc made me get multiple labs done and still didnt want to prescribe I went ahead and scheduled with the Urologist. My 3rd test came back low again so she said she would treat me so I didn't think the Uro was necessary.

The good news is that Im on this site and found out the current plan she has me on isn't right so I can talk to him about it on Thursday. If I hadn't been here first I wouldn't have even questioned the dose or how many times I should take it.

jabarnes2006

Met with the Urologist today and he agreed that once a month is bad news. Said that he wants me to try the every other week method and then meet back with him in 90 days to adjust if needed. One thing I didnt know which I should've is that we dont make sperm which was a problem for my wife just because we plan on having another kid in a couple years but the doc said that the risk is 10 to 20% that I wont be able to but most his patients that decide on children are able to after some other treatment.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Jabarnes2006: Next time you see your doc, ask him what he thinks about this study.

Concomitant Intramuscular Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Preserves Spermatogenesis in Men Undergoing Testosterone Replacement Therapy
Tung-Chin Hsieh, Alexander W. Pastuszak, Kathleen Hwang and Larry I. Lipshultz*,†

From the Division of Urology, University of California-San Diego (TCH), San Diego, California, Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of
Medicine (AWP, LIL), Houston, Texas, and Department of Urology (KH), Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island

Purpose: Testosterone replacement therapy results in decreased serum gonadotropins and intratesticular testosterone, and impairs spermatogenesis, leading to azoospermia in 40% of patients. However, intratesticular testosterone can be maintained during testosterone replacement therapy with co-administration of low dose human chorionic gonadotropin, which may support continued spermatogenesis in patients on testosterone replacement therapy.

Materials and Methods: We retrospectively reviewed the records of hypogonadal men treated with testosterone replacement therapy and concomitant low dose human chorionic gonadotropin. Testosterone replacement consisted of daily topical gel or weekly intramuscular injection with intramuscular human chorionic gonadotropin (500 IU) every other day. Serum and free testosterone, estradiol, semen parameters and pregnancy rates were evaluated before and during therapy.

Results: A total of 26 men with a mean age of 35.9 years were included in the study. Mean followup was 6.2 months. Of the men 19 were treated with injectable testosterone and 7 were treated with transdermal gel. Mean serum hormone levels before vs during treatment were testosterone 207.2 vs 1,055.5 ng/dl (p <0.0001), free testosterone 8.1 vs 20.4 pg/ml (p = 0.02) and estradiol 2.2 vs 3.7 pg/ml (p = 0.11). Pretreatment semen parameters were volume 2.9 ml, density 35.2 million per ml, motility 49.0% and forward progression 2.3. No differences in semen parameters were observed during greater than 1 year of followup. No impact on semen parameters was observed as a function of testosterone formuation. No patient became azoospermic during concomitant testosterone replacement and human chorionic gonadotropin therapy. Nine of 26 men contributed to pregnancy with the partner during followup.

Conclusions: Low dose human chorionic gonadotropin appears to maintain se-men parameters in hypogonadal men on testosterone replacement therapy. Concurrent testosterone replacement and human chorionic gonadotropin use may preserve fertility in hypogonadal males who desire fertility preservation while on testosterone replacement therapy.

RESULTS

A total of 31 consecutive hypogonadal men who desired fertility preservation were identified for study

TRT:

* AndroGel® (5 gm daily) in 2 patients and Testim® (5 gm daily) in 5.
† Testosterone enanthate (200 mg weekly) in 2 patients and testosterone cypi- onate (200 mg weekly) in 17.

In 26 of these men complete data were available on semen parameters and serum hormone quantitation before and after TRT. The average ± SD age of our cohort was 35.9 ± 9.5 years. Men were followed a mean of 6.2 ± 4.9 months and up to 18 months (table 1). Of the men 19 men were treated with injectable T formulations, while 7 used transdermal gels. All men received intramuscular HCG (500 IU) every other day.

In the cohort mean serum hormone levels before vs during treatment were T 207.2 ± 99.2 vs 1,055.5 ± 420.9 ng/dl (p <0.0001), FT 8.1 ± 3.9 vs 20.4 ± 13.5 ng/dl (p = 0.02) and E 2.2 ± 1.0 vs 3.7 ± 2.6 ng/dl (p = 0.11), supporting the efficacy of TRT in these men. Mean pretreatment semen parameters were volume 2.9 ± 1.4 ml, density 35.2 ± 29.6 million per ml, motility 49.0% ± 10.4%, FP 2.3 ± 0.3 and TMS count 84.6 ± 82.4 million.

To ascertain the effects of exogenous TRT and HCG on semen parameters the men were followed at 2 to 4-months intervals with semen parameters and hormonal assessment compared to pretreatment parameters. A statistically significant decrease in se- men volume was observed at 1 to 2 months of followup (p = 0.04). This small difference was not observed at any other followup point. Furthermore, no statistically significant differences were noted in other semen parameters at any followup time. No significant differences were observed in semen parameters between the injectable and transdermal TRT groups. Taken together, these data indicate that concomitant HCG therapy in the setting of TRT is effective for preserving semen parameters.

jabarnes2006

He mentioned HCG but said that it was something that would cost a lot of money. We're really not in a spot to have a bunch of money going out for it right now. I guess I shouldve asked about cost.

jabarnes2006

Sweet I will give him a call today and ask for it then. My wife was in tears when we left so I honestly felt like just saying screw the whole thing but I also looked at the risks for ME by not taking Testosterone and just told her look we have issues with our relationship especially with the baby making process so I have to do this...she agreed but was still pretty upset by it. Thanks for the info Gene

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me