How can I raise my E2 level?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Hydranted

Recent bloodwork showed that my sensitive E2 level is at a 9 (3-70). Labs were drawn 5 days after my T injection. I was definitely taken aback by this, as most guys have the opposite problem while on TRT.

My protocol:

-100mg test cyp EW
-250iu hCG 2x/wk

I feel terrible. My T levels are good, but my E2 looks low. I'm wondering if my low E2 could be making me feel so awful.

Does it look low to you? How would you recommend that I fix it?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
It is low, you didn't say it but I am assuming that you are not taking an AI as part of your protocol.

You can supplement with both Flax and Soy to get your E2 up as both are estrogen mimics (phytoestrogens) and will help. Also, look at supplementing with Chasteberry as this is known to increase E2 as well.

Also, if you are injecting don't split your dose, rather take one larger injection once a week to get a higher peak in serum levels which will help with aromatase synthesis.

If you work out tell me how much and how hard. Aggressive exercise can lower E2 levels in some men.

Are you taking any other meds? What is your body fat percentage?

Hydranted

Correct, I'm not taking an AI.

I dose my T once weekly. Wouldn't splitting the dose keep my E2 at a more consistent level? By injecting once per week I should get a spike after injection and then wouldn't it fall much lower by the end of the week?

I haven't been working out much lately due to extreme lack of energy. No other meds. Unsure about body fat, but it's definitely low. I'm a naturally lean/thin guy. If I had to guess I would be under 15%.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
The higher spike in serum levels activates more aromatase synthesis which is what you want to get E2 to rise with one weekly injection.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Increasing your HCG dose and/or adding low dose Clomid (12.5 mg/day) may raise estradiol also. DHEA supplementation may also do so.

Hydranted

The higher spike in serum levels activates more aromatase synthesis which is what you want to get E2 to rise with one weekly injection.

Interesting. I figured that weekly injections would leave me with lower E2 levels by the end of the week.

Either way, weekly T injections only got me up to a 9.

Increasing your HCG dose and/or adding low dose Clomid (12.5 mg/day) may raise estradiol also. DHEA supplementation may also do so.

Thanks Nelson, I'll talk to my doctor about raising the dose for one or both of my meds. At this point it's still early in my treatment and I'm not ready to consider adding any other medications.

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Hydranted

Let me know what works. Believe or not, your problem with low or undetectable estradiol is getting more and more common in men who have used anastrozole for a while who then stop. No one has looked at that population!

Low estradiol is not a good thing for sex drive and fat build up.

Hydranted

Hydranted

Let me know what works. Believe or not, your problem with low or undetectable estradiol is getting more and more common in men who have used anastrozole for a while who then stop. No one has looked at that population!

Low estradiol is not a good thing for sex drive and fat build up.

It really caught me off guard when I saw my lab results. I have never used Anastrozole before, and based on reading countless stories from other men across several forums, I assumed that my potential problem would have been elevated E2 levels. That seems to be a more common issue.

I don't recall reading any accounts of men with low E2 without the use of an AI.

I'm not sure that I fully understand how E2 production works while on TRT. I know that higher T levels will lead to more aromatization to E2, but how is E2 produced when T levels haven't reached high enough levels for aromatization to occur?

When HPTA suppression occurs on TRT, doesn't the body's natural E2 production shut down as well? How can healthy E2 levels be maintained without elevating T levels enough to aromatize some of it to E2?

ta406

Just wondering if you have an update on how you raised your E2. I have a similar problem. Even with my TT of nearly 1000, my E2 is in the teens.

I see why you'd want to increase your E in the teens and your pushing 1000 TT. I know oral DHEA tablets typically will raise your E2 level as they pass thru the liver.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Generally speaking the higher the higher the test dose the greater the chance for aroamatase synthesis. Your HCG protocol is spot on.

ERO

DHEA may or may not work. I take 50mg a day in tablet form and my E2 never changes. It's worth a try for sure, but we are all different and what works for some may or may not work for anyone else.

if you know what's your SHBG and regarding your E2, is this a recurring low reading or a one-time thing? I might suggest a couple of E2 tests a few weeks apart while keeping everything nice and stable with dosing and frequency and rule out some possible lab error or other anomalies. You're TT is very very high for 100mg once a week, curious as to your Free T reading, also.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me