New to TRT in Texas

Buy Lab Tests Online

exalt58

New member and fairly new to TRT in Texas. On and off, inconsistent use of TRT due to potential health risks concerns, lack of indepth TRT knowledge and not sure if therapeutic levels are being achieved through proper dosing amounts which have lead to some penis and testicles shrinkage experienced during some days of TRT treatment. Taking 1 ML (200 mg/ML). Doctor prescriptions and recommended dosages: 1 ML Testosterone Cypionate at start followed by .5 ML every 3-4 days. Also taking 1 ML Anastrozole daily but no HCG supplementation which understand can keep testicals from shrinking. Overall, feel stronger, feeling better, better mood, more positive, more confidence, less irritability and looking more muscular enhancement with minimal weekly workout. However, skeptical TRT will be tweaked adequately by doctor to ensure best sexual performance results. Will get blood work in a few days prior to doctor follow up appointment in one week. Any feedback provided will certainly dismiss any my misconceptions in order to give me renewed hope that TRT is the best remedy for my aging 56 year old body. Thanks Nelson for hosting this website.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Exalt58

Welcome to ExcelMale.com

I want to ask you a few questions to try to help you if I can:

1- When you say penis shrinkage, do you mean that TRT has caused that in your case?

2- Your anastrozole dose is extremely high. Most men do not need anastrozole and those who do usually start at .5 mg per week. Have you had your estradiol blood level tested via ultrasensitive analysis? Dropping your estradiol too low with this excessive dose may actually make you lose sexual function and gain fat mass.

You may want to read this thread:

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?2309-Role-of-Estradiol-in-Men-and-Its-Management

You may also want to print info on HCG for your doctor:

The Use of HCG to Prevent / Reverse Testicular Shrinkage and Preserve Fertility
This is how you print info cleanly: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/thr...anage-side-effects-of-trt-free-download.7978/

By the way, we are almost the same age and I am a fellow Texan resident (Houston).

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Welcome to EM!! Glad you joined, and I promise some of these concerns (some myths) will all be answered if you just invest some time with our community.

exalt58

Thanks Nelson for your prompt comments and earnest interest in trying to help. I'm glad I did a UTube search when I found your video, instruction and ExcelMale website on TRT.

In response to your questions:

1- When you say penis shrinkage, do you mean that TRT has caused that in your case? Mean that when I take injection my penis and testis shrink, they both look smaller, less fuller for several days to the point achieving a good, full and robust erection is not achievable until after a 4+ days after the injection is my best guessmate. Without injection I seem to have a fuller penis even while flacid and larger than normal testis; however, don't have the ability to achieve a hard erection unless extremely aroused or excited if I'm that fortunate. Not sure if anastrozole has a bearing on the latter; fuller flacid penis and bigger, fuller testis.?

2- Your anastrozole dose is extremely high. Most men do not need anastrozole and those who do usually start at .5 mg per week. Have you had your estradiol blood level tested via ultrasensitive analysis? Dropping your estradiol too low with this excessive dose may actually make you lose sexual function and gain fat mass:* Reason for 1 MG Anastrozole per day is before this new doctor who prescribed Testosterone injections, previous doctor prescribed Testosterone gel Axiron 30 mg per pump under each underarm once daily. After two or three months of this routine, had* blood work. Testosterone, serum was 953 ng/dl with 348-1197 reference interval. Free Testosterone was 24.4 pg/ml with 7.2-24.0 reference interval. Doctor then suggested gel every other day. When I ask him about how rising estrogen levels could affect affect me as a result of high Testosterone levels he said that was only on paper. That's when I decided to change doctors. Was also then taking Metformin for diabetes 500 mg once a day, Crestor for cholesterol 20 mg and Lisinopril for high blood pressure 30 mg once a day . New doctor recommended I stop taking Metformin and Crestor but continue taking Lisinopril.

Other blood levels were also up then: glucose serum 116 mg/dl with 65-99 reference interval. LDL Cholesterol calc 126 mg/dl with ranges 0-99. A1c was 6.5 with ranges 4.8-5.6. RBC was 5.9 with ranges 4.14-5.80. Hemoglobin was 17.8 with ranges 12.6-17.7. Hematocrit was 51.8 with ranges 37.5-51.0.

Most certainly will ask new doctor to have estradiol blood level tested via ultrasensitive analysis, and reconsider the Anastrozole dosage level.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

exalt58

Thank you Vettester for welcoming me into this new community. I know I will benefit from this interaction with you and other men in search of man's Holy Grail, that continued quest for virility and manly livelihood.

exalt58

I apologize for using this Welcome thread to explain indepthed things associated with my TRT. But I do appreciate this wonderful platform to share and learn. Everyone have a TERRIFIC day!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thanks Nelson for your prompt comments and earnest interest in trying to help. I'm glad I did a UTube search when I found your video, instruction and ExcelMale website on TRT.

In response to your questions:

1- When you say penis shrinkage, do you mean that TRT has caused that in your case?

Mean that when I take injection my penis and testis shrink, they both look smaller, less fuller for several days to the point achieving a good, full and robust erection is not achievable until after a 4+ days after the injection is my best guessmate. Without injection I seem to have a fuller penis even while flacid and larger than normal testis; however, don't have the ability to achieve a hard erection unless extremely aroused or excited if I'm that fortunate. Not sure if anastrozole has a bearing on the latter; fuller flacid penis and bigger, fuller testis.?

2- Your anastrozole dose is extremely high. Most men do not need anastrozole and those who do usually start at .5 mg per week. Have you had your estradiol blood level tested via ultrasensitive analysis? Dropping your estradiol too low with this excessive dose may actually make you lose sexual function and gain fat mass:

* Reason for 1 MG Anastrozole per day is before this new doctor who prescribed Testosterone injections, previous doctor prescribed Testosterone gel Axiron 30 mg per pump under each underarm once daily. After two or three months of this routine, had* blood work. Testosterone, serum was 953 ng/dl with 348-1197 reference interval. Free Testosterone was 24.4 pg/ml with 7.2-24.0 reference interval. Doctor then suggested gel every other day. When I ask him about how rising estrogen levels could affect affect me as a result of high Testosterone levels he said that was only on paper. That's when I decided to change doctors. Was also then taking Metformin for diabetes 500 mg once a day, Crestor for cholesterol 20 mg and Lisinopril for high blood pressure 30 mg once a day . New doctor recommended I stop taking Metformin and Crestor but continue taking Lisinopril.

Other blood levels were also up then: glucose serum 116 mg/dl with 65-99 reference interval. LDL Cholesterol calc 126 mg/dl with ranges 0-99. A1c was 6.5 with ranges 4.8-5.6. RBC was 5.9 with ranges 4.14-5.80. Hemoglobin was 17.8 with ranges 12.6-17.7. Hematocrit was 51.8 with ranges 37.5-51.0.

Most certainly will ask new doctor to have estradiol blood level tested via ultrasensitive analysis, and reconsider the Anastrozole dosage level.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Exalt58

I think your estradiol is most probably nil to undetectable at that dose. I am not sure if this explains your issue with your penis and sack not hanging for a few days after an injection. I bet HCG would ensure they hang more frequently.

You are also close to the point of needing a blood donation due to your high hematocrit.

I am not sure if your high fasting glucose is due to lifestyle (diet, exercise habits) or genetics. Are you overweight?

Metformin is a good drug to control glucose. It has also been found to help fat loss. However, it can impair absorption of B vitamins so it is always good to take a B-100 complex 2 hours before or after you take Metformin.

I have never been a friend of statins. I think many people can stop them after losing weight and eating a lower glycemic index diet plus exercising 3-4 times per week for an hour. However, some people need the extra help of statins due to genetic predisposition to high lipids.

exalt58

Thanks Nelson for your feedback once again. In response to your question, no, I am not overweight. I weigh 207 pounds and am 5'10" tall. Lately, I've been having some joint pain to my lower back, hip joints and knees. Not sure this is related to meds taken with TRT or not. I had non-fasting blood work done this morning, consulted with doctor briefly and explained my circumstance. Will get results in about two weeks. Until then and future doctor recommendation, doctor agreed that can drop injection dosage to .25 ml every three-four days. Understand this is a very minimal dosage from what doctor recommended at the onset but hoping the reduced dosage will minimize penis-testis shrinkage as stated earlier in thread. Doctor said try at 0.25 ml every four days or 0.25 ml dosage once every week. Also thinking of perhaps trying this low dosage injection with or without Anastrozole to see what other result comes from it. Doctor did confirm pain to wrists and other extremities may be caused by Anastrozole. He did say given my symptoms continuing or discontinuing TRT and Anastrozole would be up to me. Told him would continue since I* saw marked improvements in mood, energy, confidence, libido, however, he wanted me to commit to exercise seven days a week 45 minutes at a minimum, not all workouts in the gym. I go once or twice a week to the gym at best for cardio and medium to heavy weights workout. He said exercise can be bicycle, walking, running, a light weight workout at home, etc.. Will keep you posted on soon to come results but most certainly after blood work results in about two weeks. Thanks for your feedback Nelson!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me