TRT shot and prostate

Buy Lab Tests Online

hondadude

Hi all,
I don't mean to keep asking silly questions. I am very new to taking these shots. So far I have had 3 shots, first one was 250, second and third were 125ml. After the second shot, I would say 24 hours or so I began feeling like I was having some prostate issues. Sort of feels like a restriction or a pulling in my Urethra and a slight constant burning feeling. Its hard to describe.

I just had my 3rd shot yesterday and I seem to be having the same feeling. The last one went away after about 3 days back to normal. I told my doctor and he looked at my labs from the first and said my prostate was perfect, as far as PSA levels.

I go back next week to get full fasting labs and he said he will take a look at the numbers again to see if anything is going on there.

Anybody had this issue in the beginning? Do you think it will go away?

Mike.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

hondadude

I don't think I'm going to be able to tolerate it. My prostate was inflamed all weekend, just started getting back to normal last night. It really sucks because I was getting my energy back and sex drive as well. I just can't deal with the prostate inflammation every week. I'm only taking 125ml per shot, so seems like a low does already. Never had this issue before with my prostate, so must be an issue with the testosterone injection.

I don't know if there is an alternative, lower dose, maybe only once every other week versus every week. I go back to the doctor for full blood work on Wednesday, I will have to tell him what has been going on. I think that I will postpone this upcoming shot until the blood work comes back.

I don't know if anyone else has or had this issue. No one seems to want to respond to my issue. I wish this support forum could be a little more interactive.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Hondadude

I think you should at least see an urologist before you assume that your prostate is inflamed (even it is feels like it is). Have you gotten a prostate digital rectal exam? How about an ultrasound? Are you able to urinate well and not feel like you have to go pee frequently or that you are not voiding 100 percent? Some men have pelvic floor issues that may mask as prostate inflammation. We do not know if TRT can make this worse. Read this:

[h=2]Chronic Prostatitis / Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome[/b]

hondadude

I just got my blood work done this AM, fasting. The T levels were out of the roof at 1000, so I declined getting another shot until we look at the entire blood panel. I want to see where my PSA levels are at and etc...

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Hondadude

How much time went by between your injection (and what dose) and your blood draw? 1000 ng/dL is not horribly high and no reason for concern as long as hematocrit, PSA, etc are OK

hondadude

I had an injection last Wednesday I believe was 125ml. I believe ML is the correct unit in the injection. The first time they tested a month ago was not a fasting number and was taken afternoon.

bruin

So what did your Dr say when you went in for your blood draw about your prostate problem..........? How did you get the reference that your prostate was inflamed?

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Hondadude, way back in the beginning, I had a similar sensation. It came on all at once about 2 days after my very first shot. It was a hard cramping sensation. What it turned out to be was the onslaught of full suppression of LH, causing extreme pain in the left testicle from the atrophy factor. It still happens to me if I get behind on HCG, or if my HCG script is starting to lose its potency. Gene probably remembers my term of the "nutometer" ... That's it :)

Not saying your situation is testicular related, BUT, really try to pinpoint where you feel the pain. Again, for me it's actually on the left, backside testicle, and when it first hit it felt that whole area was fired up and I had no idea what the heck was going on. Like mentioned above, you will sometimes see complications with urinating when the prostate is aggravated. Stay on top of it and let us know how things progress ...

LowT2014

Usually PSA is suppressed in people with late onset hypogonadism once you introduce exogenous Testosterone your prostate gland will no matter what saturate itself with Testosterone during this time very marginal PSA increase also observed. Any well qualified physician will be running baseline PSA and every 3-6 months thereafter.

Having said that I also had a very similar experience with my first Testosterone undecanoate 4ml IM and I rushed myself to Doc and got new PSA test done Doc said it was normal and no sign of infection found either I am due for my 2nd shot in 2 weeks and will recheck PSA again to make sure it is under control.

Funny thing is the sensation you describe is what I felt. I thought the same thing as too high dose which it was huge 4ml dose of TU. I can update you after my 2nd dose I think it definitely warrants Urologist consultation.

Good luck my friend.

I agree, its too soon to establish the correlation between your T injections and your symptoms. Believe it or not, your symptoms could be prostatitis which is very common in men (see Nelsons post above). These types of symptoms can also occur as a result of "referred pain" from a lower back injury (usually L4/L5/S1) which can cause very weird feelings in that area- usually presented as "tightness", "restriction", "numbness", and sometimes discomfort.

These conditions would be more common than the chance of immediate inflammation after starting TRT.

Please keep us posted when you receive your recent PSA.

hondadude

Thanks everybody for sharing . I'm waiting on the full blood work to come back today. Dr wants to review before doing another shot. He advised yesterday that we will lower the dose either way to see if that helps. I will update

hondadude

Hi Vettester,
I seen my doc today for another injections. I did mention to him about the HCG and he agrees that if I'm getting atrophy that HCG would help, but he isn't convinced of It yet. The thing about this doctor is that I can get him to make any definite decisions. He said starting HCG would give me an negative effect on my T levels. So I don't know.

I advised I wanted to lengthen my injections to 10days apart, but he doesn't seem to like that.

I contacted the Defy Medical staff and may end of going thru them with my treatment. They seem to take more of a hands on treatment.

I received the rest of my blood work. He didn't order a PSA or Hematocrit this time, so not sure if that changed. My sex hormone binding went down to 74 from 97, which he thought was good. My LH went down as well to <0.2. Estrogen went up from <6 to 22.8.

My cholesterol sucks to be honest. I knew It was kind of bad, my primary had me on a small statin 10mg, which I seldom take, but I need to get serious about it.

Total cholesterol 224...high (out of range)
Triglycerides 112
HDL 55
LDL 147 High (out of range) needs to be 100 or less.

Have to work on that for sure.

LowT2014

Hi Vettester,
I seen my doc today for another injections. I did mention to him about the HCG and he agrees that if I'm getting atrophy that HCG would help, but he isn't convinced of It yet. The thing about this doctor is that I can get him to make any definite decisions. He said starting HCG would give me an negative effect on my T levels. So I don't know.

I advised I wanted to lengthen my injections to 10days apart, but he doesn't seem to like that.

I contacted the Defy Medical staff and may end of going thru them with my treatment. They seem to take more of a hands on treatment.

I received the rest of my blood work. He didn't order a PSA or Hematocrit this time, so not sure if that changed. My sex hormone binding went down to 74 from 97, which he thought was good. My LH went down as well to <0.2. Estrogen went up from <6 to 22.8.

My cholesterol sucks to be honest. I knew It was kind of bad, my primary had me on a small statin 10mg, which I seldom take, but I need to get serious about it.

Total cholesterol 224...high (out of range)
Triglycerides 112
HDL 55
LDL 147 High (out of range) needs to be 100 or less.

Have to work on that for sure.

Hmm but you said you had some sort of prostate discomfort? shouldn't this be investigated?. Did you tell your doctor about it? Just wondering thats all..

Cheers

hondadude

I'm going to my primary Doctor next week. I didn't have any issues with the last shot thankfully. My PSA numbers are still in normal range.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me