Tired following injection

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cooper

I inject 150mg every 7 days. I seem be very tired for the first couple of days following the injection to the point of having trouble staying awake at work. This tiredness seems to disappear as I get closer to my next injection. Could this be due to a rise in my E2 levels immediately following the injection which would cause me to be tired? Then as my E2 levels drop it causes tiredness to fade? I currently do not use AI.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
No, E2 elevates over time and wouldn't present that type of symptom.

I have never heard of your reaction to be honest; usually it's the complete opposite.

Cooper

Maybe Hematocrit increase following injection? Been following same protocol for about 18 months and this was never issue until last month or so

Cooper

I bet your fatigue is caused by a potential worsening of sleep apnea at testosterone peak blood levels. What do you think ?
Interesting - That is a new one. Have to admit have not been sleeping great. So are you suggesting at peak test level, which would be immediately following injection, my sleep is being impacted? If so what is solution? Lower dose, more frequent injections, switch to gels....?

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I'd suggest looking in the direction of cortisol, iron and your thyroid. If cortisol is off then there could be issues with T3 getting to the cells and adequate ATP promotion. Essentially, when your serum levels are peaking in the 2 to 3 day period, you could be experiencing a counter effect with NOT having the energy and reserves to support it. When resources like cortisol are not sufficient, the body responds with increasing reverse T3 levels and ADP to conserve energy. This is a factor when the body can't support various demands put on it, whether by stress, emotions, hormones, and illness.

what time of the day are you doing your shots. I found if I do mine late in the day or night that I have a hard time getting to sleep that day.

HarryCat

I think the link between sleep apnea and testosterone treatment is overstated, here is a quote from this study:

Effect of testosterone on obstructive sleep apnea:
[h=4]Based largely on anecdotal evidence exogenous testosterone has been considered to have a deleterious effect on obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). Despite the paucity of evidence, current guidelines indicate that it is contraindicated in the presence of untreated OSA.34 In a recent clinical trial, testosterone undecanoate or placebo was administered intramuscularly, after baseline assessment and again at 6 and 12 weeks, to obese men with OSA. Testosterone treatment resulted in a mild worsening of the ODI at 7, but not 18 weeks. There were no relationships of ODI to the testosterone levels,35 but positive correlations were observed between changes in serum testosterone and hyperoxic ventilatory recruitment threshold and between changes in hyperoxic ventilatory recruitment threshold and time spent with oxygen saturations during sleep at 6–7 weeks but not at 18 weeks.36[/b]

dunemedic

Just my 2 cents but why not try donating platelets at you local Red Cross and see if that makes a difference. Also, tell your physician about your symptoms and see if he suggests a sleep study. What do you guys think?
J

Last edited:

Cooper

Would switching from once a week injections to a everyday gel be better long term for such things as Cortisol levels as gels tend to more closely mimic your body's natural makeup?

Hi Cooper,
Did gels for almost a year and only go my levels up just a little bit. Moved to shots twice a week and feel great, even when I was once a week it was better then putting on the gel and washing it off ever night before bed to keep from transferring to my wife. Shots are much easier and I feel work better.

HarryCat

The 2 studies I could find easily were small and seem to show that TRT has little to no effect on cortisol, but you may be the exception to the rule. The only thing you can do is try it (gels) and see how it works out.

bruin

I started with gels and like So CA Surfer.........had issues with the application etc. Injections are a much more efficient delivery system. But everyone is different, you will find out what works best for you.

dunemedic

I agree that for myself, Injections were the better option. For me, using androgel raised my Estradiaol due to the surface area and the amount applied. I then required an AI to control the level. Once I switched to Injections my Estradiol dropped and I am on a much lower dose less frequently an will soon discontinue my Arimidex.
My experience was the same as others in that my T level was easier to control and more easily corrected while using injectable T.
Finding the correct Doctor is KEY! If you don't have a good one than Defy medical is the way to go!

Cooper

So in theory would injecting just once a week make you more likely to develop issues such as high E2, High Hematocrit, low cortisol, etc.... that might not be seen with either more frequent injections or gels?

Do majority of people inject just once a week with good success or is injecting several times a week a far superior approach?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me