Latest blood test

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ty Nordic

I am currently taking 100 mg of test cyp weekly, with 250 IU of HCG, and 1 mg of Anastrozol. My last blood test came back at 1075 for test, and 117 for estrogen. My doc doesn't know anything, but is willing to learn and try to help me. My estrogen level scares me. It's been this high, or higher for 9 months! Should I increase Anastrozol? Decrease test cyp? Both? I feel great, but DO NOT want to ruin my health! My Doc wants me to find another Doc with more TRT knowledge, but there just aren't any in the area.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Out of control estrogen

Ty, I feel your concern with the E2, however, let's look at it a little closer ... Couple of things .. Was this a Sensitive or Ultra-Sensitive assay? Either way, can you post the reference ranges?

Even if this is based on a Sensitive assay, you can get this under control relatively quick, and without having to go overboard on the AI's! For starters, I would immediately look at breaking up the test dosage to 2x per week, which will reduce the spikes that could be causing higher E2 conversion.

Do you know your free & bio-available test level? Everyone is different, but for me a 1075 serum level is way too high for sustaining a healthy protocol. Again, that's "me", everyone has a zone that works for them. For me, the best balance seems to be in the 600ng to 700ng/dl range +/-, but I also naturally have a free test level in the 3.3% range, so that factors into the plan I have with my program.

How do I know this range is good for me? Well, for the most part I feel pretty good at that level, but it's also the area where I can feel the best and NOT have any real sides you see attributed with elevated testosterone, including the need to control E2. I haven't taken any AI in years.

Ty Nordic

Thanks for the response. This was supposed to be the sensitive test. I did not get free test measured this time. I will have my doc send me my last couple panels and share those as well.

Thanks again!

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
You are clearly estrogen dominate...it happens.

How much body fat are you carrying?

You need to split your dosage into two 50 mg injections like Monday morning and Thursday night.

You need to add in more of the AI.

Tell your Doc you would like to take 1 mg 24 hours after each injection for a total of 2 mg per week.

Splitting your injection dosage will level out the spikes in serum levels lowering aromatase synthesis and the additional 1 mg of the AI will help as well.

Get tested in six weeks.

Mocha

Ty,

I suggest getting a 2nd blood test done for E2 (Sensitive). I know it can be pricey, but before increasing the Anastrozole dosage, it's a good idea to make sure this isn't a false positive -- and you won't know for sure until you get another test done.

What about your symptoms? How do you feel in general? Do you notice increased water retention?

What's your weight and height? Your BF %? Your age?

Most docs will check your T levels at least twice before diagnosing you. (Recently, my doc got me tested 3 times.) The same should apply for E as well. Anastrozole is a strong drug and shouldn't be toyed with. It has its place, but you have to be absolutely certain you need to increase the dosage.

Gene makes a valid point about splitting the 100mg T dose into 50mg x 2 times a week. Start from there, get a 2nd blood test done, and post your numbers here.

EDIT:

I just checked your post history and found this thread where you discuss your symptoms (you ought to include your history when asking for suggestions):

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?1816-Gynecomastia-Clinical-evaluation-and-management

Obviously, your problems aren't new and your E2 was elevated 6 months ago as well (plus, you had symptoms). I leave it to the experts to take it from here.

Last edited:

Ty Nordic

Thank you Gene. I was hoping it would be a simple fix.
I'm at 15% body fat.
47 years old, and I feel amazing.
Sex drive is great, and energy levels are great.
I played a Rugby 7's tournament yesterday. 4 games in 4 hours, and did better than most the guys half my age. I'm 21 years older than the next oldest guy on our team, and keep up with all of them!
If it wasnt' for the crazy estrogen number, I wouldn't have any complaints!
TRhanks again!

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Ty, I merged the posts from the other thread to this one. Please keep any updates relevant to your situation on this thread. If you feel you might have posted in the wrong forum, let one of the moderators know, we will gladly move it to a more suitable location for you.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me