Diagnosed with sleep apnea, how will it effect trt

Buy Lab Tests Online

tmckenzie

I always suspected I had it. Dr. Conformed and third night tonight on cpap. I have been on trt for 2 years with some good effects, some bad. I am wondering how sleep apnea therapy will effect my trt. My drs are worthless. So I should of had sleep study long ago to rule it out as I read it can cause low t. But since I am going at it babckwards, I wonder how it will effect my trt. I already feel a bit better. If I could just get used to the mask. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HarryCat

There was a study done which claimed to show that sleep apnea worsened for a small minority of men on TRT. How was your sleep before starting TRT? When I looked up the study and read it the connection seemed tenuous at best.

It took me months to get used to CPAP. I've been using it for 1 year now and I haven't noticed much difference on my sleep, my TRT or anything else.

tmckenzie

I am pretty sure I have had it for years. I read trt can worsen apnea, and some drs will not put you on trt until everything is dialed in. I think this may be why I did good for a few weeks on trt and have been living in hell ever since. I can tell a big difference. Yesterday was one of the best days I have had in I cannot tell you how long. I wake up rested. This is why men should be thoroughly tested before being put on trt. But the doctors most have to deal with have no clue.

marcfish

I have been using a C-pap for 5+ years now and love it! My sleep is better and I rarely "nod off" during the day. I've been on TRT for 3 years and it may have worsened my apnea some, but not sure.

robs2nd75

I was diagnosed over a decade and have been on every machine (cpap, bipap, and apap) and have had the surgery. There is mixed debate on whether or not TRT exacerbates sleep apnea. Anecdotally, when I started TRT, my weight fluctuated very rapidly and my events went from 67 per hr to 81 w/ increased central events during rem. I recall that you did not have insurance...is this still the case? I would highly recommend you eventually look into an APAP as it auto-titrates. Many if not most of the health concerns especially fatigue you have complained about will be greatly relieved by CPAP but give it time. Some ppl experience drastic improvement within days while others take months to notice an appreciable difference. FWIW avoid the surgery like the plague. It is an extremely painful experience, helps only a small percentage, and on occasion makes it worse. Here is a link to a pretty good group on FB that can help you with many questions that arise
Hope2Sleep Support Group for Sleep Apnoea, UARS + CPAP/Ventilator Users | Facebook

The referring physician to my TRT Dr initially wanted me to get quality sleep based on some of my complaints that I was tired all the time. He explained to me that my T could have been low due to me not resting at all when I sleep. He gave me ambien and some other medication that induces sleep. I had no success with neither. My patience was reaching its limit and he referred me to the TRT Dr.

Now, because I am not responding to TRT, the TRT Dr thinks that I have sleep apnea and ordered a test. I haven't gotten the results back; however, I acquired a cpap machine to experiment on my own.

Last night was the first night sleeping with the machine's aid and I feel SOMEWHAT less tired.....placebo??!? I don't know. If it is a placebo effect then its good too! I want to feel good. Thats all I want.

bruin

E=a_crossfitter;9744]
Last night was the first night sleeping with the machine's aid and I feel SOMEWHAT less tired.....placebo??!? I don't know. If it is a placebo effect then its good too! I want to feel good. Thats all I want.[/QUOTE]

Placebo..........? probably not, you should start to feel rested because you are sleeping soundly. Since you got this mach on your own, be sure the mask is the correct fit. I have a couple of friends on CPAP, they rave how great they feel. They also are pissed that their Dr's missed the problem for so long and they suffered. From what I understand once you settle into the routine and the sensation of wearing a mask and the straps etc you will not be counting sheep anymore.

HarryCat

Personally I found nothing helped my sleep until I got my thyroid meds straightened out.

I was diagnosed with depression, complex sleep apnea, and low t. I was prescribed anti-depressants (which I stopped taking), a VPAP machine and Ambien, none of it helped. I was eventually diagnosed with hypothyroidism and eventually found a medication and dose that worked. Now the VPAP and ambien work, and I'm making progress in stopping the Ambien.

paco

I treat my sleep apnea with an APAP. After experimenting a bit to find the right mask and nasal pillows, etc., I can barely tell when it's on. It's worth the trouble as I sleep much more soundly and my health has improved significantly.

I, for one, sleep better when my testosterone and other hormones are dialed in on TRT.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me