struggling with hcg solo treatment, feel very sick, please help

Buy Lab Tests Online

pg600rr

Hello,

I am 30 y/o, started feeling sick in August of 2011, no real health issues prior, very fit. Docs thought maybe lyme or some other infection, i've now seen 50+ docs, $300k+ workup in boston, they've found tangible things off but havent put the picture together yet (aside from a few stating I have chronic lyme infection)....one of the things that was back off was my T.

Had it tested a good 10-12 times, averaged out to around 300 TT, free T always at the very bottom or just below range, SHBG 30-40, E2 always low, like 5, 8 or 12, LH/FSH always very bottom of normal range... doc said I am secondary, pituitary MRI normal, docs dont think low T is my main issue but may be contributing to the symptoms I experience so raising it may help with some (among a whole constellation of symptoms, I have fatigue, muscle aches/tightness mostly in shoulders and legs, nausea, libido down, etc.)

After much discussion, HCG solo was decided upon due to my age, me being secondary and no one even sure why (aside from possible lyme/TBD infection or autoimmune depending on whom you ask).

Started HCG 5 weeks ago, 300iu EOD, sub q, actually felt like it was helping the first few weeks, then things started to go back down hill...the past week especially. I've honestly felt like I am dying...feeling of wanting to jump out of my skin, extreme restlessness, agitation, muscle aches (especially in my legs in the a.m.), sleep issues, skin f'd up, nausea/GI issues, libido totally gone, and erection floppy and weak at best...

Labs came back two days ago, TT was up to 600, free T was like 110 (from 70), SHBG 34, LH/FSH flagged at less than 1 (which I think is normal on HCG??), and E2 was at 60 range 14-40 flagged high...

I was suppose to do my shot today but havent yet. My questions are as follows:

1. Does the above description sound like it could be from the E2? I cant figure out if this is E2/HCG related or my underlying condition, whatever that me be... The things that make me think E2 related are that my E2 is very high compared to where it was at (5), and the libido/erection issue (when I was rock hard two weeks ago), and the symptoms seemed to fit those who are very sensative to E2. Prior to HCG I was too low (at 5-12) so Endo thought raising it would actually be a good thing...just dont think he had a level of 60 in mind, and that level was from a draw 48 hrs. after shot so it was probably actaully even higher...

2. I was weary about messing with my hormones anyway because of all my underlying stuff and no one being able to tell me whats up, but the promise of it making just one symptom better was worth it...I am terrified of adding something else to the mix like an AI at this point, so I am strongly leaning toward going off the HCG:

a. I've only been on it at 300iu, EOD for 5 weeks, any issues going off cold turkey? from what I've read both E2 and T should go back to baseline w/o much time after stopping...my dose was pretty much what the weight loss people do..and for the same amount of time

b. how fast should E2 start dropping? I've read it peaks 24 hrs. after hcg injection and then starts to decline to baseline, but havent read how fast that happens...last shot was Friday (48 hrs ago) and I still feel so sick...

3. do you think I should keep it up with the HCG or take a break and then give it another try at a lower dose, maybe even like 100iu EOD? it did seem to help in the beginning...I thought it might have been placebo because doc said it should take a few weeks, but I just think my body responded very fast...clearly my testicles are still in perfect working order, its more of a signal issue...my sleep seemed better, muscle aches were better, ankles stopped clicking, GI system felt better, libido and erection were way better, and fatigue/energy was slightly better..

Thanks for any help, I am really struggling here, have been on the edge of heading to E.R. last few days but held off because I think it may just be the high E2 from the HCG causing my issues...just looking to get some opinions on the above.

I did get a hold of my repro endo at Brigham and Womens today, Dr. Shalendar Bhasin (he is internationally recognized in the field), but he wasnt to sure what to make of it, at least over the phone...he said my e2 had gone up quite a bit high from just being on that low of a dose of hcg and nothing else...he said it can make you feel bad but didnt seem to think to the extent of what I am going through...however from what Ive read elsewhere it seems like it can affect some very badly...

He also said if I want to hold off on the HCG for now I shouldnt have any "withdrawl" affects, as I was on a relatively low dose for only 5 weeks...hope he is right, I cant take much more on top of what I am feeling now..

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I am sorry you are feeling that way. I am glad you are on Dr. Bhasin's care (I used to be part of a research design group with him).

I seriously doubt that you can have such strong negative response to low dose HCG specially at your age. You are probably going through something unrelated to the HCG and your lab values.

Your free testosterone is high when taking into account your total testosterone. Are you taking a supplement that may be acting like an anabolic steroid? Anabolics increase free testosterone beyond the 2-4 percent of total testosterone. Yours is 18 percent of total.

What's your prolactin? Please post your labs here if you can. http://www.excelmale.com/forums/58-Blood-Test

pg600rr

Thanks, yea Dr. Bhasin is a very nice guy, can tell he genuinely cares and seems to be on the cutting edge of this stuff...glad to have him here in Boston.

I am not taking any supplements, vitamins or other medications, and have not been at any time throughout all of this...I am supposed to be on d3 daily though as my level was down to 18 when last checked...

Prolactin level was 8.2 ECLIA version 2 (range 4-15) when last checked on 10/31/13...it was checked several times prior, always in the 6-8 range...

Regarding labs which shall I post, I honestly have over 200 pages from the past 22 months...the most recent I got are the only ones I've had since starting HCG 5 weeks ago, they include some basic hormone values and CBC...but I can try to compile all my hormone/endocrine related ones as well... i will atleast get the most rece

What, if anything does that indicate to you that my TT 578 ng/dl (range 280-800) and calcFT 104 pg/ml (range 60-185) are out of whack with each other? and I am not taking any other med, supplement, etc. another strange thing (maybe not so much) is that my TSH, which has always been between 1-2 (has seriously been checked 20 times) was 2.5 which is the highest its ever been on this latest post HCG round of labs...is it normal for tsh to rise a little from HCG supplementation?

I am sorry you are feeling that way. I am glad you are on Dr. Bhasin's care (I used to be part of a research design group with him).

I seriously doubt that you can have such strong negative response to low dose HCG specially at your age. You are probably going through something unrelated to the HCG and your lab values.

Your free testosterone is high when taking into account your total testosterone. Are you taking a supplement that may be acting like an anabolic steroid? Anabolics increase free testosterone beyond the 2-4 percent of total testosterone. Yours is 18 percent of total.

What's your prolactin? Please post your labs here if you can. http://www.excelmale.com/forums/58-Blood-Test

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
pg600rr, I know Nelson is helping with this. He will no doubt help you get this on track. I'd be curious with the status of your adrenals, and maybe how things look upstream with Cortisol/ACTH and DHEA. So much of this intrinsic with other variables, where one factor out of balance can easily play a role with impacting another ... e.g., if adrenal issues developed it could easily contribute to productivity of the thyroid with conversion productivity and activity at the cellular level. Sorry you are having to go through all of this. Be patient and stay dedicated to get it turned back around.

pg600rr

pg600rr, I know Nelson is helping with this. He will no doubt help you get this on track. I'd be curious with the status of your adrenals, and maybe how things look upstream with Cortisol/ACTH and DHEA. So much of this intrinsic with other variables, where one factor out of balance can easily play a role with impacting another ... e.g., if adrenal issues developed it could easily contribute to productivity of the thyroid with conversion productivity and activity at the cellular level. Sorry you are having to go through all of this. Be patient and stay dedicated to get it turned back around.

Hey thanks for the post, here are a few numbers that may be relevant, but not sure:
Cortisol (all drawn around 9:30 a.m. so not optimal timing but close enough to 8 am?)

1/10/14: 17.1 range 6.2-19.4
4/24/13: 11.9 range 6.2-19.4
1/11/13: 14.8 range 6.2-19.4

Cortisol stim test (done in hospital): starting cortisol 17.3, went to 34.8 at one hour mark (almost perfect doubling)

DHEA-S (only tested once)
4/24/13: 303 range 160-449 ug/dl

ACTH
4/24/13: 11 range 6-50 pg/ml
1/11/13: 16 range 6-50 pg/ml

IGF-1
10/31/13: 214 range 53-331 ng/ml
4/24/13: 168
1/11/13: 181

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors